Thursday, October 14, 2010

10/14/10- who you calling old?

this past tuesday i celebrated my 38th birthday. my kids told me i am officially old. wow, when did 38 officially become old? lol. i am VERY proud to be 38 and looking forward to the BIG 4-0! whats the big deal about 40, anyway? if i'm officially old at 38, then i guess i will be an antique at 40. lol. when i turned 30, i began the journey to discover who the heck charlotte really was. not the person that others wanted her to be. i realized that i had many titles, but no identity. i'm joe and jordan's mom, adolph's wife, pastor walker's daughter....hello? i have a name!!!!! my name is charlotte shirae walker young. i am a beautiful black woman who loves to sing, dance and write poetry. i like chicken, chocolate and coffee (in that order) and i would rather wear jeans and a t-shirt than a dress and heels. i'm kinda quirky, but cool, and i am loyal to the end. that's who charlotte is. i allowed myself to get lost, but at 38 years old; i'm back on track and learning so much about me. in a few years i will no longer be known as the fat chick. i like being a full bodied woman; just want a little less body...lol. skinny is not the goal, HEALTHY is the goal. when i reach 200 lbs and like what i see, that maybe the goal. i wont know til i get there and i am well on my way :)

all of me,
char

1 comment:

  1. yes you are my beautiful friend! I am so proud of you and I couldn't have done my journey without you! I will be hitting a mile marker next month and I am no longer afraid to turn 35 because 35 will be the best year of my life. Congrats on being 38 years young, and when you reach 200 I will be right here with you :-D <3 you!

    ReplyDelete