Wednesday, July 7, 2010

7/30/10- i'm still here!

in my last post i shared that i would be registering for C'ville Womens 4 miler taking place Sept. 4th. Well, i'm registered (3500 women participating this year) and ready! maybe not quite ready, but i will be. my official training starts 8/1, which is also the anniversary date of when i began this journey. i have decided to hold off on the BIG weigh in until race time. why? honestly, my life has been a bit of a mess lately and i am not at my goal of 50 lbs. lost. i am at 42 lbs. and holding. i really wanted to be at 50 lbs. i'm a little disappointed, but not too much...42 lbs in one year is pretty awesome! i am still moving forward and with my training for the race, i'm sure i will drop a few lbs. btw, i am walking, not running the 4 miler. my body is not ready for that; maybe next year, who knows?

i havent blogged in awhile and i feel kinda bad about it. not because you all are just waiting to hear about my life, but because this blog is an accountability tool for me. whenever i post, i look forward to your feedback-good, bad or indifferent. like i said, my life has been a bit of a mess lately, but even in the mess of it all, i'm still going to the gym and eating right,(most days)it keeps me from going insane!

if you arent busy on sept. 4th @ 8am, come on out and cheer me (and 3499 other women) on! the C'ville Women's 4 miler raises money for breast cancer awareness @ UVA.

All of me,
Char

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the 42lbs down. That's wonderful. I hope to see you posting more often! Good luck with the walk. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete