Saturday, August 28, 2010

8/28/10- i'm in it to win it!(actually, i just wanna finish it)

only 7 days til the c'ville women's 4 miler. i would like to say that i'm physically ready, but i'm not. i would like to say that i'm mentally ready, but i'm not. ready or not, here it comes!!!! my goal is to finish the race. initially, i set a goal of finishing the race in an hour. i'm not saying that it's impossible, but i haven't taken all the necessary steps(consistant training) to ensure that i will do that. you know what? it's really ok. i'm so proud of me for even signing up to do this. and i'm not saying that i'm not gonna still shoot for finishing it in an hour, but i'm not gonna be upset with myself if i don't. again, the goal is to finish.

this wed., i'm gonna to have my weight and measurements done. i am a little nervous about that. the last time i weighed, i had gained about 3 lbs. i held off doing my one year weigh-in cause i knew i hadn't reached my goal. the more i thought about it, i realized that that wasn't a legit reason for not doing it. the point was to see what i had accomplished in a year's time, but instead i didn't want to know the truth nor did i want to share it with you. well, it's time to come clean and face the scale. i have to remember that the number on the scale doesn't define me. i know how hard i have been working, but i also know how much of a slacker i have been at times. like i always say, it's about moving forward and i have continued to do that, even when it feels like i'm not going anywhere.

look for another post from me before the race. i will post the results of my weigh- in and measurements. for the first time, i will reveal my starting and current weight. not that you guys care about how much i weigh, but that is something that i said i wanted to share after one year. i'm doing this for me, but at the same time, if it helps someone else, then it's all worth it :)

all of me,

Char

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the race next weekend! You will finish and have a great time...that is what matters! It's such an awesome event, you can't help but have a great time and feel very supported and encouraged. Enjoy it and finish it when you finish it! :) Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Char

    I know you will do well, just look how far you have came...it is truly a blessing! I can relate to how you feel....when you start to feel discourage...just remember how far you have come. You are doing great, to hear your story motivates me to get back out there and do what I need to do to live a healthier lifestyle:) Lish

    ReplyDelete